It is possible to enter and use our website without any indication of personal data; however, if you would like to use special features incorporated in our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. Our data protection declaration is based on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereinafter “GDPR”)
As the controller, Bathroom Design Ltd has implemented numerous technical and administrative measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website.
Collection of Information
When you use the Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data.The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone/mobile of a data subject shall always be in line with the EU’s GDPR.
We collect different types of information from you if and when you register on our site. The legal bases for Bathroom Design Ltd processing of personal data are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Service and that the processing is carried out in the legitimate interests.
How do we use the information collected?
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
We use the information to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
We may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information – other than Client Data – to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Client Data or Personal Data posted on the Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. A cookie contains the name of the website and a value, which can be used for a variety of purposes. Some cookies are essential for the smooth operations of our website and necessary for the website to work.
We use automatically collected information through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalise our Service, such as remembering a User’s or Visitor’s information so that the User or Visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide tailored advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify Visitors or Users.Our cookies do not contain any data that could be used to identify you personally.
To Whom We Disclose Information
We will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data or Client Data that we collect or store to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor, User or Client. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers- to third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
-Non- Personally Identifiable Information- we may pass such information to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Clients’, Users’ and Visitors’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance - We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, enforce our site policies, take precautions against liability ,protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, protect the security or integrity of the , protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
Period of Storage of Personal Data
The criteria we use to determine the period of storage and storage limitation is in line with GDPR (Art 5(1)(e)) therefore, personal data shall not be retained longer than necessary, in relation to the purpose for which such data is processed.
After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the agreement or the initiation of an agreement between Client and Bathroom Design Ltd.
If a Client demands the erasure of personal data concerning him or her, we endeavour to erase that personal data “without undue delay” unless contrary to our statutory rights and obligations, or if such personal data shall be required in the interest of public health, scientific or historical research, or for statistical purposes; Or whether such personal data is needed for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
What are your rights under the GDPR ?
• The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
• The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
• The right to object to processing of your personal information
• The right to restrict processing of your personal information
• The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
• The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
• The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
• Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
This Privacy Notice explains how Bathroom Design Limited collects, uses, shares or otherwise processes personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which related to you. Please take a moment to review this Privacy Notice and, if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out under the header ‘Contact Information’ below.
If this Privacy Notice is updated or modified in any way you shall be duly notified and provided with an updated version.
1. What personal information do we collect, and where do we obtain it from?
- Your name
- Your contact details, namely you e-mail address/es, telephone number/s, mailing address and delivery address
- ID card number or passport number
- Other documents as may be necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
We gather the above information by requesting it from the clients themselves. We may also receive professional information about you from other sources, including publicly available information. We may combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided us.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our services, which includes the delivery of goods purchased
- Answer your questions and requests for service
- Provide you with information, including marketing communications
- Send you important notices or communications, such as delivery times, or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- For internal purposes such as billing, auditing and research, and to maintain our client database; and
- To ensure we have up-to-date contact information
We may also be quired to process your personal data for the purpose of:
- Compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidance and codes;
- Compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, Governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a judicial process or arbitral procedure, or in connection with any dispute or litigation, subject to our obligations of professional secrecy as may be applicable in the particular circumstances where such data is requested.
3. On what basis do we use your personal information?
- With your consent, we will at times ask for your specific consent to process your personal information.
- For the performance of a contract: when you place an order or purchase goods from us, we will process your data insofar as it is necessary for the performance of our contracted services.
- For compliance with a legal obligation: we may at times be legally obliged to process your personal information in order to comply with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, Governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, or with a court process, or in connection with any litigation, or in order to comply with our legal obligations.
4. Recipients and sharing of your personal information
Your personal information will be received by Bathroom Design Limited yet may also be shared with its employees and consultants, and with its affiliated companies, their employees and consultants.
We may also share your personal information with any of the following:
- Our suppliers or sub-contactors strictly as required in order to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy notice
- Our professional advisors, accountants, IT service providers, and auditors strictly as required for consultation purposes or for compliance with our legal obligations or in the course of the provision of our services.
- Regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities was and when this is required under applicable laws and regulations; and
- Courts, tribunals arbitrators or other competent bodies who may have authority to request such personal information or to whom disclosure is necessary for the purpose of providing our professional services.
- Other parties involved in any matter or dispute in which you are a party and for which we have been engaged to advise or assist, strictly as is necessary to provide the services required.
5. Transfers outside the European Union
We may transfer your personal information outside of Malta. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of Malta. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header ‘contact information’ below.
6. How long will we keep your personal information?
We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information, the purpose of collection, and the system within our digital platforms in which the information is held. As a general rule, we keep your personal information for as longa s we need to in order to carry out those purposes for which your data has been collected. Thereafter all data and files are destroyed.
7. Security of data
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Any third parties, as indicated above, shall be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your information.
8. Your rights:
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent when your personal information is processed on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of your consent. Where the processing of data is necessary to provide you with the contacted services, withdrawal of consent may render Bathroom Design Limited unable to provide the contacted services or part thereof. Bathroom Design Limited may have the right to process your personal information if it has another lawful basis for doing so, as outlined in this policy.
- Ask Bathroom Design Limited about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by Bathroom Design Limited
- To request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information,
- To request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
- To complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like access to information we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent or restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header ‘contact information’ below.
If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
Bathroom Design Limited may be quired or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header ‘Contact information’ below.
9. Contact Us
Bathroom Design Ltd is the controller of your personal information. The contact person for data protection related matters is Mrs. Claire Zarb.
Should you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice you may contact us through any of the following methods:
By Phone: 21441328
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Attn Claire Zarb, Bathroom Design Ltd, 358, Naxxar Road, Birkirkara, BKR9040.
Last updated: 29th August 2018
Tel: (+356) 2144 1328/9
Fax: (+356) 2144 7188